Does the school a child attend really matter? Why must I even invest so much money into a school in Nigeria?. These and many more questions are what comes to the mind of parents when deciding on the school to enrol their child/children. Education is in itself a life investment every parent would want to give to the child they love, having this at the back of your mind, you understand the importance of placing the future of your child, including your resources, into schools that would really be worth it. There are thousands of schools in Nigeria but as it depends on choice, parents start to weigh their options by what they look out for in their desired citadel of learning for their children. However, I have come up with a list of the top 10 private schools in Nigeria. There are so many good private schools in Nigeria but these selected 10 have distinctive features in their curriculum, top-notch track record, an outstanding forum of alumni and world-class learning facilities.
The top 10 private schools in Nigeria are:
- Lumen Christi International High School – LCIHS is located at Uromi in Edo State, the south-south region of Nigeria and had its inauguration in 1986. Lumen Christi is a Catholic-influenced school established by His Grace, most Rev. Dr. P. E Ekpu. Lumen Christi has an excellent academic recognition with the evidence of a high flying record, awards and trophy. Its dedicated and professional staffs are another significant achievement which stands it out. Lumen Christi runs a full boarding school for boys with students from within and outside the country.
2 – Corona School – situated at Agbara estate, Yenagoa Rd. Agbara, Ogun state is Corona school, established in the year 1992. Products of Corona have been raising and adding value to the image of the school in their various fields in life. The school’s curriculum is such that helps prepare the students to ace both locals, national and international qualifying exams. Corona is saddled with the goal to produce world recognized students that will be Nigerian patriots and represent the nation’s cultural heritage when and as due.
- Green springs – The list of top private schools in Nigeria is incomplete without Green springs school. Green springs school is located in Lagos with the necessary accreditation and approval. It is accredited by the Commission on the international and trans-regional accreditation( CITA), The agency that is involved with improving standards of schools around the world. It has also gained recognition from the Lagos State Ministry of Education. Tuition at Green springs stands at 3 million Naira for international students and about 1,925, 000 annually for the regular full-time local students, which covers other additional expenses.
- Hill Crest Schools – This is a school operated and owned by eight organisations and a church. It is a private day school located in Jos, the Northern region of Nigeria with branches in some other states like Abuja and Lagos. Hill Crest accommodates a large number of students residing in the country and quite a number of students from other countries.
- Atlantic hall, Poka Epe, Lagos state – Atlantic hall cannot be ranked below the top 10 private schools in Nigeria. It is a Christian owned school but opened to students of other religion. The school is renowned for its rigorous academic pursuit to help its students fit into the ever demanding society. It welcomes students from other countries with a ratio of 1:10 of foreign to local students respectively. Tuition fee at Atlantic hall is between 2,000,000 and 2,500,000 Naira for an academic year.
- Loyola Jesuit – Since 1996, Loyola Jesuit has been devoted to rendering an excellent service in the standard of Education given to its students. It is a day and boarding school at Gidan Mangoro village in the federal capital territory. It has effective learning facilities such as: a serene learning environment, quality teachers and leadership training that prepares the students to be able to live and work anywhere in the world.
- Chrisland School – Chrisland is a top-ranked private school located at Ikeja in Lagos state, Nigeria. Chrisland school has a large number of pupils from across the world, but Nigerians make up the larger population. It is equipped with modern facilities such as ; air-conditioned classrooms, well-equipped science laboratory, internet access, 21st-century library, basketball ground, swimming pool and so on. Students of Chrisland are trained to be leaders and succeed with all systems of education anywhere in the world.
- Lekki British School- LBS is located at Victori Arobieke street, Lekki phase 1, Lagos state. It is a day and boarding school which offers a British style curriculum. Lekki British is equipped with facilities that accommodate students from all walks of life. LBS charges between 4,000,000 – 4,300,000 per session due to the standard of education offered at the citadel of learning.
- Grange school – Grange school is located at Harold shodipo crescent, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos state, It was founded in 1958. The school provides a world class learning experience from professional and qualified teachers which is proven by the rate at which Grange school’s final year students get admitted into top higher institutions within and outside the country, and how they have represented the school at both national and international competitions. The tuition fee makes 4,000,000- 4,500,000 per academic year.
- Meadow hall – Founded by mrs Kehinde Nwani with the assurance of making the school a place where lifelong experience will be inculcated. Meadow hall seek development in all areas for their students, it makes use of child- centred methodology of the 21st century which gives pupils an opportunity to express their thoughts and ideas ; an style of teaching that exposes the individual uniqueness of every child. Meadow tuition makes about 3,000,000 yearly.