We all need the help and luxury of cars to move around easily and faster, being that we have upgraded from the old times of horses and donkeys. The car production company is very competitive and every year these manufacturers come up with upgraded technological driven vehicles and they make them beautifully designed to woo you into buying. They also make these vehicles luxurious that you don’t have to worry about any problems coming up and the coming years we might have cars that drive themselves.
With a lot of cars meeting the required car designs and technologies that consumers are interested in, one might be confused about what car they want and where to buy from. Below are top car manufacturers in the world.
- Volkswagen group: they are the owners of some of the best and popular cars that are driven around the world, such as Lamborghini, Bugatti, Bentley, Audi, Skoda, Volkswagen and SEAT. The company is so successful with their car models that in 2016, they sold over ten million vehicles, that year the company was able to produce more cars than any car manufacturer in the world, awesome work by the group.
- Hyundia-Kia: Hyundia a South Korean company own about 33% stake in Kia motors and together they are one of the highest manufacturers of cars in the world, they have sold more than eight million vehicles to the world in 2016. The company has grown successfully since it was established in the year 2000, given them a 9% share in the automobile industry in the world.
- Toyota: this company is considered one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world, it is known to be one of the largest to market the adoption of hybrid vehicles around the world. The Japanese car manufacturer has amassed a market share of 10.9%, selling over nine million cars in 2016. They held the leadership in automobile manufacturing for five years, losing the position to Volkswagen in 2016.
- General Motors: known as “GM”, we know them by their car brands which are Cadillac, Buick, Opel, Chevrolet, Vauxhall and many more. This manufacturer is based in America and known all over the world. The company recorded sales of over seven million cars in 2016, they currently hold a market share of 8.8% in the world.
- Renault Nissan: they control different major car brands such as Infiniti, Dacia, Renault Samsung Motors, Nissan, Renault, Datsun and Mitsubishi. These partners sold over eight million vehicles in 2016, they have a market share of 9.4% and have recently moved to India.
- Ford: this is another wonderful car making manufacturing company and has been in the market for over one hundred and thirteen years. Their car brands which are Lincoln and Troller and other brands have been very successful over the years, they are known for their signature trucks and have made sales mostly by selling it.
- Peugeot Citroen PSA: this car manufacturer is based in Paris, France and other subsidiaries, they produced over six hundred thousand worth of cars in 2017 and are very respectable. And brands under them are Peuguot, Citroen, Faurecia, Opel and others.
- Suzuki: this manufacturer is based in Japan and manufactures all kinds of automobiles, they are popular for their small cars which doesn’t exceed 3.4m in length. They sold more than two million cars in 2016 and are known to have captured the African continent with their cars, they have a market share of 3.1% as the sales of their cars climbs.
- Fiat Chrysler Automobile (FCA): they are particular known for their brands such as Jeep, Chrysler, Fiat, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and others. The company has a market share of over 5.4% and sold over four million cars in 2016 and produced over seven hundred thousand cars in 2017.
- Honda: another Japanese manufacturer makes the list, Honda is one of the popular brands known in the world. They have been able to fight off competition because of their technological innovated cars and have conquered the European market. They have products ranging from cars to SUV and are known to be one of the most sought out company in the world.
These manufacturers have grown over the years and have churned out different cars, they have tried to outdo each other by topping up their last inventions, giving us the consumers something new to look out for. We would say they have been doing a great job and we look forward to more of their wonderful cars.