We brought you a report that the Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked all the Service Chiefs with immediate effect.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday approved the appointments of new service chiefs to replace the ones that has been sacked and also the appointment of New National Security Adviser.
The appointments was made known by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina following the dismissal of the former security Chiefs.
Here is the names of the newly appointed Security Chiefs.
1. Maj.-Gen. Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin – Chief of Defence Staff
2. Maj.-Gen. T.Y. Buratai – Chief of Army Staff
3. Rear Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas – Chief of Naval Staff
4. Air Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff
5. Air Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan – Chief of Defence Intelligence
6. Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd.) – National Security Adviser
The new Chief of Defence Staff, Olonishakin (N/6901) from Ekiti State.
According to the President Spokesman Adesina he said the new service chiefs will retain their old appointments until they are confirmed by the Senate.